Meet Hector Morales, our new Pizzaiolo at Besos!
Our waistlines are the only thing not excited about him being at Besos. He not only brings amazing tasting (and looking) pizza to our menu, but also a skill set that we have yet to see here. We are very pleased to have him as part of our team.
Hear from Hector!
I have been making pizzas for almost 7 years at the professional level. I am originally from South America (La Paz, Bolivia), and spent my early years learning and working side by side with some of the best Master Pizzaiolos in the pizza industry and in the world. I specialize in traditional Neapolitan pizza, but as an outsider of the Neapolitan culture, I also mix in other cuisines to add variety to my style. I believe that simple food and quality ingredients make the best meal and I want to share that with this community. If you’re new to this location or style, I encourage you to try the classic Margherita pizza or my own creation the “MARGARONI” (patent pending😂).
I have worked with Master Pizzaiolo, Billy Manzo, at Federal Hill Pizza where most of my training and development took place. Billy Manzo was a great mentor and a pizza scientist who took me under his wing and taught me the way of the pizza, it was at that restaurant where I developed many skills and my own style of pizza that took me to the next stage of my life. For the past 3 years, I have been traveling for private events and competing at the international level.
Now I am in East Greenwich bringing the pizza game to a new level that the East Greenwich local hasn’t experienced yet. See you soon at Besos!
- Miami, Florida: Private events and catering for galleries and conferences.
- Atlanta, Georgia: in collaboration with a pizzaiolo friend, we cooked for a Christmas party for a bank. We baked 500 pizzas in under 3 hours with 2 wood-fired trailers.
- Los Angeles, CA: I was hired to cook for the release party of Cheech & Chong’s NFT reveal, where I cooked pizzas for the party and some celebrities who I got to meet at this event in the VIP area.
- Las Vegas, NV, March of 2022: I took second place at the International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas in the team tandem Italian division. I have always enjoyed cooking with fire and the versatility of cooking with a wood-fired brick oven. It is honestly an art and craft that I love and respect very much. Thanks to an NFT project that I am a part of, I have had the blessing of being able to travel and cook pizzas in many different states.
- In the metaverse: I’m officially the first pizzaiolo since I competed in Las Vegas while representing the first pizzeria in the metaverse and taking second place. Recently I have been very active with web 3 and NFTs since it allows me to give free pizza to many people all over the world.